Fix-It Friday: How to Change a Webtrol Pump Seal on an Accu-Tab Chlorination System
Summer is still in full force and maybe you're noticing that your Accu-Tab Chlorination system isn't working to its full potential. It's ok, PurAqua Products has you covered. In this Fix-It Friday video you will learn how to change a Webtrol pump seal.
How to Change a Webtrol Pump Seal
- a webtrol specific pump seal
- 2 of 9/16” wrenches
- A standard flat-head screwdriver
- A small precision screwdriver
- Channel lock pliers may be necessary
- Step 1: drain or pump out the chlorinator
- Step 2: Turn off power to the unit
- Step 3: Loosen the unions necessary to remove the pump’s front cover.
- Step 4: Using the 9/16” wrenches, remove the four pump head bolts
- Step 5: Remove the pump head front cover carefully.
- Step 6: Pop out the plug on the rear of the motor to access the shaft. Insert the flat-head screwdriver into the shaft slot
- Step 7: Hold the shaft and remove the impeller by hand by turning counter clockwise.
- Step 8: Remove the seal spring assembly by holding the shaft at the rear with a screwdriver and twisting the spring assembly by hand.
- Step 9: You will need to pry out the old half of the ceramic seal with the precision screwdriver.
- Step 10: Clean the shaft and seal location
- Step 11: install a new seal by reversing the steps for removal. Be careful not to overtighten the four pump head bolts during reassembly.
- Step 12: Install the rear plug and test the unit for leaks.