Fix It Friday: How to Clean an Accu-Tab® Feeder
TGIF! In todays video Steve will show the proper way to clean an Accu-Tab® feeder. Please contact us with any questions.
How to Clean an Accu-Tab® Feeder
- Muriatic Acid
- Eye Goggles
- Rubber Gloves
- Scrub Brush
- Rubber Apron
- Clean Pail
Step By Step Instructions
- Step 1: Shut off the supply water to the chlorinator and pump out the remaining water from the lower tank
- Step 2: Shut the discharge valve and put on the eye goggles, gloves, and apron.
- Step 3: Remove the chlorinator lid and any Cal-Hypo tablets that remain and place them in a clean, dry pail.
- Step 4: Remove the chlorinator top from the lower half and rinse the chlorinator in a safe location.
- Step 5: Pour muriatic acid over the sieve plate and onto the walls of the top half of the chlorinator as is needed to clean the inside; scrubbing may be necessary. Once the top half of the chlorinator is clean, thoroughly rinse the chlorinator with fresh water
- Step 6: Add two to three inches of fresh water to the lower tank and add muriatic acid for cleaning. Scrub the bottom and walls if necessary. At this time, you can clean the impeller by turning on the pump; the water will flow through the prime line.
- Step 7: Add fresh water when clean to dilute the acid.
- Step 8: Reassemble the chlorinator, open the valves, and test the unit for operational function.
September 24, 2020 | View: 339 | Categories: Chlorinator Cleaning, Chlorinator Maintenance, Fix It Friday, How To | Tags: Accu-Tab Chlorinator Cleaning, Accu-Tab Chlorinators, Accu-Tab Tablet Feeders, Commercial Pool Systems, Chlorination Systems, Pool Chlorinator, Accu-Tab, Chlorinator Maintenance, Accu-Tab Chlorinator Maintenance, clean, feeder, DIY | By: Admin